– The case manager must use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the client and the use of resources.
– They monitor quality of care to ensure that infection control, risk management and all aspects of services are appropriate.
– Nurse case manager serves as client/family advocate.
– Coordinate all aspects of the client’s family centered care.
– Must know the client and family really well, working with the family and other professionals.
– Must be the link nurse between the family, the clients hospital, HSE and all the multi- disciplinary team.
– Case manger works as a collaborative process in ensuring the clients receive appropriate levels of care.
– Working holistically to ensure the discharge plan of the client meets the physical, social and emotional needs of the client.
– Coordinate any relevant training that the nurses require prior to delivering of case.
– Ensuring re-training is done if required.
– Introduction of all new nurses to the family.
– Organizing and facilitating shadow shifts where necessary.
– Must work hand in hand with the PCL.
– Ensure all the necessary equipment is available in the home and staff are familiar with the same BA.